Seeking Photos of PRR X-29 Boxcars

Discussion of object creation for MSTS, particularly modeling and texturing.

Full Name:
Christopher Parker
Operating System:
Windows 7
MSTS-Bin?:
Yes
MSTS Experience:
Novice
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:04 pm
I got inspired by Tim Muir's X-29/1923 ARA Plan steel boxcar model (built c. 1923-1934) and I'm working on a six-pack. I've done 5: NKP, B&O Timesaver, B&O dirty as hell, PRR 1960's livery, C&O. Now I need a sixth car to complete my set . . .

I have in mind a separate Anthracite roads follow up (Reading, CNJ, DL&W, Erie, LNE, etc) so I'm going to steer clear of that but . . .

I've read of and remember seeing photos of a PRR X-29's used in express service in the sixties that were so dirty they looked like they were pullman green. That's what I'd like to model, but I need a photo to work from. I've looked in the usual places and haven't found one. Do you have one? Know where to find one?

Or -- alternately, do you have a special request for my sixth boxcar in the series? I'll take your request if I can't find the ingredients for what I have in mind.

Christopher

Full Name:
Glenn Duba
Operating System:
Windows XP
MSTS-Bin?:
Yes
MSTS Experience:
Advanced User
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:41 pm
No photo, but answers your question about the paint.

http://kc.pennsyrr.com/model/mr_exc_xpressbox.php
Glenn Duba
Cinnaminson, NJ

Full Name:
michael
Operating System:
Windows 7
MSTS-Bin?:
No/Unsure
MSTS Experience:
Beginner/Just Started
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:14 am
I think you could find some pics, you are looking for only at some age old vintage railway museum or vendor. The possibilities are few, but i guess as they were very popular at that time, some collector of these type of photos might have some. Try to find out one over the web.

Return to Design